Let me first share with you that you are enough.
That where you are right now is exactly where you need to be to get to where you
want to go tomorrow.
Yesterday’s impossibilities may be possible today.
I’ll say it again. You. Are. Enough.
The fear that one isn’t good enough can be hard to recognize because it affects everyone differently.
When some people think that they are not “good enough,” they go into over-achiever mode or may become a workaholic. They work extra hard to get their responsibilities taken care of, so that they can move onto the next task. No matter how many things they accomplish, there’s an inner battle going on where they feel they are not “enough.”
For others, feeling not good enough shows up as comparison. People compare things to that of others like appearance, job title, accomplishments, weight, wealth, family, faith, friends, and more. Again, there’s an inner battle going on when we compare ourselves to others that can make one feel not “enough.”
Feeling not enough can look like procrastination and avoidance. Whereas people’s inner thoughts become their action. They think that they are not enough, therefor in result they don’t finish what they started.
At some point in time, most of us have been in either of these situations.
The key word is time.
Time is a variable. It changes. And, so are feelings and emotions.
The next time you feel uncertain or that you’re not enough, try these suggestions.
- Make a list of your accomplishments to remind you what you have overcome.
- Instead of comparing yourself to others, compare yourself to yourself and see how far you’ve come.
- Speak positively to yourself.
- Don’t listen to the negative voice in your head.
- What people share online is a high-light reel.
- You are not responsible to carry the baggage or negativity of someone else.
- Change your body language to believing that you’re confident.
- Celebrate the little wins.
- Take small steps towards you can take each day to improve the situation you’re in.
- Don’t bottle up your thoughts.
Once you appreciate where you are, your journey toward something new will feel much more rewarding.
Join a Community
We are working on building a community of people who care about great leadership. If you want to learn more about upcoming events or want to feel encouraged, consider subscribing to my newsletter by visiting the following link: https://mailchi.mp/add7f6bb7048/n